Connect with us


News

Breaking: Terrible Fire Outbreak Hits Yabatech Hostel

Published

on

The hostel burst into heavy flames this morning.

Reports reaching NaijaNews, reveals that the one of the female hostel at the Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech), Lagos is terribly on Fire.

NaijaNews.com learnt that the fire which engulfed ‘Bakassi building’ has raged for two hours before the arrival of the fire service which is trying to put out the blaze.

“The Fire Fighters are on ground but the fire is still burning seriously inside the hostel. I cannot say if any of the students died but I can say that some of them fainted.

“We learnt that the fire was caused by an electric spark inside the hostel and it became really serious all of a sudden. As I am talking to you, the place is still burning seriously,” the final year student who pleaded anonymity, told our correspondent.

As at the time of compiling of this report, the fire was still ravaging the hostel.

Below are photos from the inferno:

The hostel was heavily burnt this morning.

The hostel was heavily burnt this morning.

Front view of the Bakassi hostel which was engulfed by flames this morning.

Front view of the Bakassi hostel which was engulfed by flames this morning.

fire-in-yabatech

The hostel burst into heavy flames this morning.

The hostel burst into heavy flames this morning.

The students watched helplessly as their properties were destroyed

The students watched helplessly as their properties were destroyed

yabatech-on-fire1

Source: Naija News